- 3 cups cooked brown rice (omit for paleo diet)
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups reduced sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, brown ground meat on high heat and season with salt.
- Drain fat if any, reduce heat to medium-low, then add peppers, onions and garlic.
- Cook about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, marjoram and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve about 1 1/2 cups of soup in each bowl and top with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.