Coming up on MARCH 3RD
Founded by: https://soupsisters.org/
Lift someone’s spirits by dropping off a bowlful of comfort and kindness! Cook up a pot of soup and deliver it to a family or friend in need, help someone who is ill or home bound, or just an acquaintance who can use some fellowship time.
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cups zucchini diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can 28 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 15 oz kidney beans, drained
- 6 cups vegetable broth OR chicken broth for a non-vegetarian option
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, and garlic in olive oil until just barely tender. Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomato paste, tomatoes, and beans.
Gradually add vegetable broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to a low simmer, stirring occasionally. Stir in penne pasta and spinach, then let soup simmer until pasta is cooked and veggies are tender, about 7 minutes. Season minestrone with salt and pepper and serve warm.